Tuesday, February 9, 2010

DAY 5 Feb 8 METAPHYSICS

This was a day of discussion and introduction to Metaphysics, the first big unit of study in the course.

We had a nice round-table discussion of various ideas in Metaphysics and everyone present was pushed to their intellectual limits with some of the questions posed.

In the handout, Intro to Metaphysics, we covered Idealism, Dualism, Materialism, The Problem if Evil, and then the Idea of God (Cosmological Argument, Argument from Design, Ontological Argument).

Today a number of people skipped my class.  This was very disappointing to me - it's an academic level Grade 12 class from which you can use your mark for College or University applications so this mark counts!  You cannot do well if you miss many classes.  Also, I'm "Mr. Approachable" so there's really no reason not to speak to me if you need to miss my class for a legitimate reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment