Thursday, April 5, 2012

Day 35: Knowledge: An introduction to Epistemology

1.  Two truths and a lie.
  • write three sentences on a piece of paper.  Two must be truthful statements about yourself.  One must be a lie.  No names.
ex:      I broke my arm while learning to ski.
          I worked for two summers at a Muskoka resort.
          I translated some government documents during a high profile murder trial.

  • I will collect them and then hand them out randomly.  Circle the statement you feel is a lie.  Write the name of the person you believe wrote these statements.  (x 2)
1b) What are the lies?  How do you KNOW?

2.  What the ...?????
2b) What is the emotion/event?  How do you KNOW?

3.  In groups: write down 3 things you know for certain.  Explain how you know them for certain.  Don't say you know nothing for certain ... you do!
3b)  Three minute philosophy: Descartes


4.  Review: Parking lot: please write down one question/theory/philosopher you didn't understand this week and post it to the parking lot.  I will use these questions to teach on Tuesday.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment